What to expect from professional practice?
- You work on concepts for cost-efficient and environmentally friendly production.
- You plan production processes for e.g. pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, paints and varnishes, plastics, paper, fuel or even sugar.
- You plan, design and calculate devices and machines.
- You operate production plants of an industrial dimension to process raw material, separate substances, recycle waste material, develop consumer goods with specific characteristics etc.
- You design plants and processes to produce high-quality intermediate and end products from raw material.
- You contribute to air pollution control, water purification, soil rehabilitation and noise protection.
- You sell technical products and consult clients all over the world.
In which sectors can I work?
The chemical and petrochemical industry, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, food and luxury food, plastics, wood, paper, paints and varnishes, process plant and machine design, water supply and waste water treatment, engineering services, inspection agencies, environmental and disposal technology, biotechnology, genetic and medical technology, nano- and microtechnology, application-oriented research, safety technology, occupational safety and emission control, waste disposal, management, patents and many more.